Vision prototype photo

Vision prototype photo
This is the Vision prototype designed/built by Steve Rahm in USA. and still being supported by Pro Composites Ltd. in USA. The aircraft is a 2 seat side by side, scratch built from a series of manuals. Built entirely of fiberglass and carbon cloth material the builder needs to know or learn some of the easy basics of composite construction. Building began Feb. 1998 in my spare time with 7 years where no building was possible. Building Hours at February 28, 2022: 4248.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Some short videos of flights are at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfxJXIwvmfNlNF3gwplFw7Q

Friday, October 13, 2017

Propeller and Cowling fitting

October 13/17
It has been very time consuming to get the fit of the cowling trimmed for final position.  Thanks to Scott I was able to purchase a pre-made cowling for my project which saved me a great deal of work.  The cowling fits very well and will require me to build up my flanges in a few areas to get the cowl to meet the fuselage perfect.  There are also two areas I will have to build up the cowling aft upper edges to meet my fuselage correctly.  Trim fit trim fit trim fit, 30 some times before I got it to where it fit best.





September 29/17
The constant speed propeller has been mounted to the engine with great assistance from my hangar neighbor.  Alan had a Whirlwind propeller on his past RV6 and was very helpful in getting my spinner and prop temporarily mounted.  Not having worked on the install of a CS prop I was grateful for the teaching course.  I am now slowly working on trimming the lower cowling to fit the airframe.


No comments:

Post a Comment